By the grace of God,
Trinity strives to be:
- A church which exists to proclaim, to preserve, and to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ. “Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” (Acts 4:12)
- A church which values faithfulness to the Word above any seeming organizational advantage. “And he who has My word, let him speak My word faithfully.” (Jeremiah 23:28)
- A church which has but one Master, Christ, bowing to no human authority or tradition in any matter of faith. “Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.” (Revelation 2:10)
- A church which fosters Christian unity by combating error even while teaching the revealed truth of the Bible. “Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.” (2 Timothy 4:2)
- A church which gives priority to Christian education on all levels of age. “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” (John 8:31-32)
- A church which respects your privacy in giving. So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver. (2 Corinthians 9:7)
- A church which refuses to become a political pressure group.
- A church which motivates people to function in matters of social concern as individuals, each according to his or her judgment.
- A church which seeks people in order to serve them. “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.” (Mark 10:45)
A little more about our teachings (Doctrine)
A Comparison of Teachings
“Test the spirits whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.”
(1 John 4:1).
From its beginning, our congregation has been determined to teach only what is “of God,” that is, teachings that are recorded in the BIBLE, which is GOD’S WORD. We call ourselves Lutheran because we hold to the historic Lutheran teachings. The BIBLE is the only source for these teachings.
Below are some examples of what the Bible teaches, in contrast to the errors that are taught by many of today’s “liberal” churches.
The Way to Heaven
Bible Teaching All people are sinners – faith in Jesus is the only way to heaven. Those who refuse to confess and repent of their sins, die without faith in Him, and are eternally lost in hell.
False Teaching Sincere followers of non-Christian religions may get to heaven, even without believing in Jesus.
|“All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God” Romans 3:23.|
|For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works lest anyone should boast” Ephesians 2:8-9.|
|“Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ” Romans 3:23.|
|“The gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord”
|“Therefore repent and convert so that your sins may be blotted out” Acts 3:19.|
|“I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Because I live, you shall live also” John 14:6.|
|“God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life” John 3:16.|
Inspiration of the Bible
Bible Teaching The Bible is the inspired Word of God in its entirety, without error or contradiction.
False Teaching The Bible is a book written by fallible men and therefore subject to error.
|“All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work” 1 Timothy 3:16.|
|“When you received the word of God which you heard from us, you welcomed it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God” 1 Thessalonians 2:13.|
|“Holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit” 2 Peter 1:21.|
Creation of the World
Bible Teaching The one almighty and Triune God created the world and everything in it, including man, in six ordinary days.
False Teaching All things have come into being by a process of evolution. Man has evolved from lower forms of life.
|“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth” Genesis 1:1.|
|“For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day” Exodus 20:11.|
|“For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible” Colossians 1:16.|
|“By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible” Hebrews 11:3.|
False Beliefs & Alternative Lifestyles are not pleasing to God
Bible Teaching Every teaching in the Bible is important. Therefore Christians should stand up for the Truth (and not tolerate error). Although God shows His love to sinners (John 3:16), He also hates sin and tells us that willingly following error and living in sin is a tool of Satan to take away our faith.
False Teaching The Bible teachings are either unclear, unimportant, or not valid for our day and age. Following God’s Word is a matter of preference. God does not care what we believe or the lifestyle we choose to live.
|“Do not be carried about with various and strange doctrines” Hebrews 13:9.|
|“There will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies” 2 Peter 2:1.|
|“Teach no other doctrine” 1 Timothy 1:3.|
|“And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men” Matthew 15:9.|
|“Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and vain deceit” Colossians 2:8.|
|“Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals…will inherit the kingdom of God” 1 Corinthians 6:9.|
|“Now I urge you brethren, note those who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which you have learned, and avoid them” Romans 16:17.|
We believe that Christians ought to be concerned about upholding the truth and rejecting all false teachings. Our Lord Jesus promises: “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed, and you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free” John 8:32.